13 good reasons to play golf at Heritage Golf Club
People often ask how is Heritage Golf Club different from other Mauritian golf courses. The answer in 13 points:
1. The multi-award-winning Heritage Golf Club was elected Indian Ocean’s Best Golf Course for two years in a row (2014 and 2015) at the World Golf Awards. In 2013, it was also ranked among the top ten golf courses in Africa by CNN Travel.
2. Since the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open in May 2015 – the first ever tri-sanctioned golf tournament in the world -, Heritage Golf has been added to the European Tour’s courses. The 17th hole has even been listed among the 18 most challenging holes of the European Tour.
3. The only footgolf course in Mauritius is found on Heritage Golf Club’s Short Course! Footgolf is growing in popularity. This is played solo or in teams on a 9-hole golf course using a size-5 ball.
4. A Junior Golf Academy in partnership with SNAG®, which is known for its interactive and fun learning method. A learning centre and training courses with a PGA-certified professional coach are also available for adults of all handicap levels.
5. A top-quality course, designed by famous South-African architect Peter Matkovich, which provides technical variety for players to hone their skills. Heritage Golf Club offers well-maintained greens and fairways for optimal quality and game conditions.
6. A spectacular golf course with regards to the landscaping – luxuriant flora, natural pools and rolling grounds – and to the panoramic views over Bel Ombre’s lagoon and the nature reserve.
7. A superb club house, which features separate men and women locker rooms, a reputed pro-shop offering a wide range of golf articles, a bar-lounge, an a la carte restaurant open for lunch everyday and for dinner 6/7 days, and a premium view on the golf course.
8. Five-star services are provided to golf players: before any game, as soon as they arrived at the Club House; during the game, when they are served snacks and refreshments on the field; and after the game, with free cleaning of golf clubs.
9. A complete range of equipment: dual practice on grass with 30 positions bunkers and rough; an approach area, a chipping green and a pitching green to improve your short game; a 1,000 Sq. meter putting green; a 9-hole pitch & putt course, ideal for beginners; an 18-hole championship course, which is varied and balanced. Not to mention the golf carts with GPS!
10. Privileged access to three other golf courses on the island: Le Paradis Golf Club in the Southwest, Tamarina in the West and Avalon near Bois Chéri in the midland. All is set for amazing golf holidays!
11. An eco-friendly approach to golfing. Heritage Golf Club was built without any deforestation or artificial pools. The irrigation system is based on the collection of rainwater and runoff, and most of the fertilizers are 100% organic. Low toxicity pesticides are used, as well as coarse untreated salt for weed control.
12. Night golf is one of Heritage Golf Club’s exclusive offers. Guests are invited to play golf under the stars with phosphorescent equipment’s, for an original and convivial experience.
13. Heritage Resorts’ kids’ club is open to players’ children, every day and all day. Parents can then indulge their passion for golf with peace of mind, knowing their children are well looked after and enjoying themselves too.
Heritage Golf Club
Domaine de Bel Ombre, Mauritius
Tel: +230 623 5600
Fax: +230 623 5601
Visit our website to learn more on our golf course.