Heritage Resorts at the World Travel Market 2016
November 17th; Oxo Tower, London. Against a backdrop of the London skyline, a live jazz band plays for those presents at the 12th edition of the Heritage Awards, in the context of the 2016 World Travel Market. Guests sip champagne, nibble on some sushi, have their fortunes read by a fortuneteller, strike a pose for the caricaturist and immortalise this evening with the ‘Selfie Mirror.’ The guests? The British press, tour operators, travel agents and all the key actors of the Travel and Hospitality industries.
The Heritage Awards take place at the WTM, an annual, global B2B fair that gathers over 50,000 industry professionals. To give you an idea, the WTM generates £2.5 billion of contracts signed. Amidst the networking, connecting, negotiating, debating, discussing and gathering, is the notable Heritage Award ceremony, a chance to gather the Heritage Resorts teams and congratulate them on their hard work.
The Master of Ceremony, Audrey Hervel, Head of Sales and E-commerce at VLH, introduced the team members and this year’s nominees who walked off with an impressive range of awards. It was a first for Heritage the Villas, which has been gaining popularity on the UK market. The nominees are those who have contributed to the growth of the Heritage Resorts group, namely in the UK, the group’s biggest market.
Here are the winners!
- Special Recognition Award 2016 : Lotus Group
- Best Tour Operator 2016 : British Airways Holidays
- Best Progression 2016 : Southhall Travel
- Most Outstanding Support 2016 : Mauritius Holidays Direct
- Recognition Award 2016 : DNATA
- Best Tour Operator 2016 : Turquoise Holidays
- Best Progression 2016 : If Only…
- Most Outstanding Support 2016 : Kenwood Travel
- Recognition Award 2016: Virgin Holidays
- Best Tour Operator 2016 : Virgin Holidays
- Best Progression 2016 : British Airways Holidays
- Most Outstanding Support 2016 : Hayes & Jarvis
- Reocognition Award 2016 : Travel Counsellors